North Tipperary Food Centre (Rearcross) Ltd
North Tipperary Food Centre (Rearcross) Ltd. is delighted to announce its state of the art ‘new’ commercial food centre, which will be available, summer 2009. This innovative food centre will be developed through the renovation of an existing building to consist of a fully fitted development kitchen, training centre and 4 separate office spaces. In addition to this, 3 supreme food production units will be built representing a substantial extension to the existing infrastructure. This will be a robust and viable food production centre of excellence, complying with the highest development standards. Rearcross, is centrally located between Limerick City, Thurles, Nenagh, Cashel and Tipperary Town.
The 3 production units are totally independent of each other, each measuring 76.8 sq.m. The total area for food production is 234sq.m which can be adjusted in size depending on individual business requirements. This is a community initiative funded by Enterprise Ireland under the Community Enterprise Scheme, Tipperary North CEB and North Tipperary County Council.
The North Tipperary Food Centre’s, 3 production units will be customised and built to the highest modern standards and comply with all relevant standards legislation and guidelines for best practice. The centre is ideal for start up food producers, those expanding or those wishing to relocate from an existing premise. Tipperary is home to many strong local food companies, all of which contributes to the establishment of a nerve centre for high quality food production.
Fit Out of the Production Units
All panels for ceilings and walls are to Food Hygiene Standards.
- Concrete stainless floors designed to meet Food Hygiene Standards for comfort, non slip, sloped, non crack, heat and cold resistant
- Individual Drainage System for fat, sink etc from units with pre treatment unit on site
- Separate foul drainage system from the toilets
- Washrooms and toilets
- Gulley traps that can be easily cleaned out
- Each unit has their own produce drop off point/door
- Individual water and ESB meters
- Public access and entrance area
- All standard fire safety features and exits
- Staff Tea Room/ Toilets/Changing Area
- Preparation Room/ Wash Area
- Dry Goods Area/Packaging Area
- Staff Tea Room/Office Space which is Optional
- Intake/Dispatch/Chill Area
- Intake/Dispatch Lobby
- Entrance Lobby/Hygiene Lobby
- Each unit has independent roller shutter door
- General Waste compound for each unit.
- Internet access.
- Ample car parking available.
Development Kitchen & Training Centre
(Total area 122.4 sq meters), this can be rented on an hourly basis:
- Development Kitchen and Teaching Room
- Dry Goods Area/ Chill Room
- Chemical Storage
- Equipment/Product Crate Wash Area
- Entrance Lobby/ Lobby Areas
- Can be rented on a hourly basis
- Staff Canteen/Changing Areas/Toilet Facilities
2 Office Spaces on the Ground floor
- Own separate entrance
2 Office Spaces on the First floor
- Own entrance
- Landing and corridor